Monday, August 11, 2008

Has she put on some weight?


Well, here we go again...As you can see from the photo to the left, I've gained a little bit of weight in my gut. Yes, I have been eating like a castaway who's just returned to civilization after existing on bananas, coconut milk, and random sea creatures for some time, but that's not the reason for the weight gain. Okay, that's the reason for some of the weight gain, but not all of it.

We're expecting again. Not planned, but a blessing nonetheless. We're 23 weeks along and due to deliver a baby girl the first week of December. It's been a long few months due to testing, advanced maternal age issues, and various and sundry other problems that have cropped up, but we're hoping that the worst is behind us.

I thought that being pregnant at 40 was a challenge, but so far being pregnant at 42 is seriously kicking my booty. I'm going to document all of the ups and downs of this pregnancy here and will keep anyone who's interested updated on things as they move along. I'll post more details of the saga later, but wanted to get this post out there while I still had the energy to do it.

3 comments:

kkh said...

OMG! Congratulations! Rock ON! Know that others of us of 'advanced maternal age' are praying for a safe, healthy pregnancy and delivery. Peace and blessings to you all!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Sheeze! I bet a challenge! I was sent here by way of a friend in common -- Jill K.

I bloggie on blogspot too and she thought I might enjoy reading your witt as well!

Good luck with the pregnancy...I didn't see any stretch marks so that's a good thing, right?

LOL!

Happy Monday!

[farmer*swife]
http://glasshalffullgal.blogspot.com

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Hey Gal! I keep checkin' in but no new update! Hope it's all still going well....keep us up to date!