Monday, September 22, 2008

Feeling kind of bummed...

I've been feeling kind of bummed lately.

I guess that It could be the fact that this child that I'm carrying seems to be sitting smack dab on top of my sciatic nerve rendering me unable to walk with any degree of ease at any given time, making me look like a pregnant geriatric patient who's recently lost her walker.

Maybe it's the fact that Harvey and I were faced with one more struggle this month when the loser who employed him decided that he no longer needed his services. It's rough when your husband, who works his butt off, has to take grief from a person who seems to be a spoiled rich kid with no regard for anyone but himself.

Maybe it's the fact that I try every day to the best of my ability (okay, so most days I try...) to be everything to everyone and to stay on top of things. It's a daunting task, but it's part of that independent woman, wife, mother triad that so many of us struggle with these days.

I know that attitude is only a state of mind and I try to remember that. That's why I still go for a walk whenever possible, swing on a swingset, spend some time coloring in a coloring book with my son, visit the zoo, or join Harvey and Wyatt in their wrestling and roughhousing every once in a while. Sometimes in the midst of all of the chaos around here, it's hard to remember to do those things.

As bummed as I've felt lately, things do work out and I feel truly blessed. I have a chiropractor's appointment later this week to try to give me some relief from the sciatica caused by the child that I'm lucky enough to be blessed with at 42, Harvey got a new and better paying job in commercial construction which he started on the 15th and seems to like, and as for my "be everything to everybody, do it all" struggle, I'll continue to do the best that I can do and try not to beat myself up over it if things don't get done. The dirty dishes and laundry will still be there tomorrow...

I never thought that I'd look at the dishes that didn't get washed as a blessing, but at least we are fortunate enough to have the food to put on those dishes in the first place. It's all in how you look at it, I suppose.

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

GASP! I have you on my reader but I must have missed when you popped to the top of the list with something new at your blog.

Gal, we all have days like that. But, in then end of your post? You had already found the blessings.

I'm a "Glass Half Full Gal." And, so, I named my blog that. Check me out sometime. Oh sure. I'm silly. I'm wild. I pretend to be witty. But...I'm always finding the "happy."

I'm known to make people laugh. Chuckle. Maybe, fall out of their chair on ocassion or pee themselves. If I can make YOU laugh? It'll tickle that sweet blessing you are carrying!

You Go Gal! Do what you do -- the rest will survive! {{hugh}} and [Pat on the Back!]