Thursday, September 18, 2008

Latest Doctor's Visit

Well, I had my latest check up and things seem to be going well. I had to take that disgusting glucose tolerance test where you have to drink this vile, overly sweet orange concoction and sit for an hour so they can check your blood for gestational diabetes. Blech! I hate orange flavored drinks in the first place, but this stuff is just ::shiver:: nasty! I got a little bit queasy, but managed to make it through the hour without getting sick.

While at that visit, the baby's heartbeat was great, I was measuring a week bigger than my due date, and had to get blood drawn for antibodies, anemia, and glucose levels. Three vials of blood. Stinkin' vampires... As if that weren't enough, they also had to give me my second Rhogam shot because my blood is Rh negative. Needless to say, by the time I left that appointment, I was feeling run through the wringer!

The bright spot was that when I left, I was told that I would get to have another ultrasound at my next appointment, hopefully a 3D version, in October. It will be nice to get another look at the little booger who's rolling around my insides 24/7!

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

YAY! Sorry I haven't been around -- my reader isn't keeping you up to date at the top when you make a new post.

YAY for 3D!!!!!